RE: Platinum, platinum/pigment Images in gallery

From: Jim Collum ^lt;jcollum@airespace.com>
Date: 03/08/04-11:04:46 AM Z

I haven't done a lot of testing yet with the inkjet papers. I started
with papers that were considered good for platinum printing. I wasn't
sure how the ink receptor layer would handle platinum. The other reason
was gamut. When printing on uncoated watercolor paper, inkjet images
have a somewhat muted look. This keeps the color from overpowering the
platinum. I just picked up some samples of the Epson Ultrasmooth, which
is an uncoated paper and am going to try printing some with that. I'll
post how it works. I'll also be sending some prints out via the
travelling portfolio.

              jim