platinum exposure question

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 03/09/04-11:55:40 AM Z

Hi all,
I'm not a platinum whiz; do you know what might be his problem, below?
Chris

So I have started to print platinum, and it has been ticking me off. our
light source is not getting full power to the bulbs, so their output is
really low and unpredictable. my exposure times were well over three
hours,(my test strip was for an hour and it was a good 3 stops under
exposed) in the light source and 45 minutes outside in bright sunshine,
about a stop and a half under exposed. is there just no uv radiation in
MT??? my ratio was 15/7/24 should i change this for digi negs? is there
any way to speed up the emulsion of a platinum print? my tests from non
silver for a type 55 neg was 1.5 hour exposure, why are they sooooo long? i
am going to continue running some tests because i really want to get this to
work, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. ---dave