Re: enlarged negs - questions on process

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 03/11/04-06:35:16 PM Z

I can't provide any input regarding direct reversal material, but I've had
good to excellent results using interpositives to create enlarged negatives.
My usual procedure is to contact print original B&W negative onto another
piece of (continuous tone) B&W film. Then use the interpositive to create
an enlarged negative on lith film. By manipulating the contrast level of
the interpositive, it's possible to have good control over the final
results. If you have experience with the zone system and other darkroom
techniques, it's really not too difficult, just time consuming.

Dave in Wyoming