Re: glutaraldehyde

From: Gordon J. Holtslander ^lt;holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Date: 03/15/04-11:27:18 PM Z

Its used in microscopy as a tissue fixative. Check microscopy suppliers,
like pelco for example:

http://www.pelcoint.com/chemical_html/chem1.htm

For others considering using glutaraldehyde a good health & safety
outline:

http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/chemicals/chem_profiles/glutaraldehyde/health_glu.html

(one will likely have to paste this long multiline URL together for it to
work properly)

Gord

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Anybody know where a person could get a small amount of glutaraldehyde?
> I've wasted an entire morning talking to distributors who will only sell
> to medical offices or hospitals and even if they would sell to me, which
> they won't, the smallest amount they will sell is a gallon. I just want
> a wee bit to try something with. I thought it was given out here that
> this is a fairly easy thing to obtain; perhaps I misread. Thanks to
> anyone who can point me to a source,
> Katharine Thayer

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2