Re: Mounting digital and alt images to metal

From: Craig Zammiello ^lt;zamm@optonline.net>
Date: 03/19/04-02:14:59 PM Z

Fran,
3M makes a double stick glue/tape that comes in different size rolls up to
22" wide I believe. It's completely archival and many framers use it. This
would be great for adhering the paper to metal, and pretty straight forward.
The other method I know is used by Robert Rauschenberg to adhere his Iris
output transfers to metal sheets. They roll (with a foam paint roller) PVA
glue (Jade) onto the metal, then lay the print on top and sandwich the
entire thing in a rubber backed vacuum frame for 45 minutes.
Nice, but a bit complicated.
As for the coating of the print, perhaps someone else has an idea?
Cheers, Craig Z.