Re: The Great Scanner debate - round one

From: Jack Fulton ^lt;jefulton1@comcast.net>
Date: 03/20/04-09:20:41 AM Z

   I'll echo Charles. My 3200 works quite nicely. It is not yet 'sharp'
enough to fully distinguish grain even on a 4x7 negative but comes
close.
   I use the SilverFast software which comes with the Pro version and it
is an excellent program. However, the normal Epson software does a very
fine job. If one uses the Monaco linear profiling software and
thoroughly reads the SilverFast manual, you'll improve your scanning
results. However, all that is best used when you are doing your own
output and working with ICC profiles etc.
   The reports that I have read does indicate the newere 4870 model does
a more credible job. It also has a larger backlit area to work with
larger negatives.