Re: Carbon Printing and Ultravoilet Light

From: Grafist@aol.com
Date: 03/23/04-04:22:12 AM Z

In a message dated 23/03/04 00:37:48 GMT Standard Time, tripspud@transbay.net
writes:

> Nowadays, the carbon tissue is not available and must be hand made.
> In a book I have, 'Alternative Photographic Processes' by Jan Arnow, she
> describes the method of the process and how to make the tissue.
Hi Rich, I read this book several years back but cannot remember if Jan Arnow
describes two types of Carbon ``tissue``. I do recall, however, that one of
her formulae was for Direct Carbon which brings up the issue, again, of
Fresson paper which has not been available to the public for many years. I do
believe that Autotype still manufacture the tissue for Carbon Transfer and
Photogravure. But Richard Sullivan, of this list, has recently started making and
marketing the stuff for Carbon Transfer.
BTW I understand that Ultraviolet Light is more accurately ``radiation``, not
that this changes anything very much. You could, of course, use Sunlight, as
they did when this form of printing was first practiced.
               Good luck with your investigations.
                                      John Grocott- Photographist