RE: Reversal processing for enlarged negatives

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 03/24/04-07:32:23 AM Z

Well, I don't have any idea! I just know it's an ortho-litho film (old
type) that one can develop in standard A+B developer. Will test,
calibrate and start to use it... BTW is there anyone who knows if there
are any difference between old type film (developed in A+B solution) and
the new type film (developed in Rapid Access solutions)? Can I
substitute old type with new type film for making enlarged negatives by
reversal processing?

> That's right, though you can buy D-19 in packaged form from
> Kodak. If this is too much trouble, Dektol stock strength

I don't think they're stocking D19 here; you can't buy even "Xtol" from
Kodak Turkey! They simply don't import it (we buy it from parallel
importers).

> > I didn't understand this... 1) Why should I want to flash from the
> > back side? 2) What if I use light from an enlarger with condenser
> > head?
>
> ... but you want to expose all big
> crystals if you want to minimize granularity of the resulting
> film. Putting a tracing paper just above the film and move it
> around during flashing also may or may not help.

I see, this is worth trying then. Thanks for the tip.

> > I also didn't understand this - using toners as second
> developers? You...

> ...If you can fog all the
> crystals either optically or chemically, then any print
> developer should do (for this purpose, I'd use Dektol 1+1 or 1+3).
> But all these are unnecessary if you use KRST, brown or sepia
> toner. These toners convert silver halide crystals to silver
> selenide/sulfide independent of whether the crystals have
> been exposed or not...

Got it. Thanks again.

Regards,
Loris.