More thoughts on reversal

From: mmatusz@pdq.net
Date: 03/25/04-04:31:19 PM Z

Loris,
Out of curiosity I placed a piece of enlarged negative (I am using APHS
ortho film from Freestyle) in the enlarger to see if I can spot the grain
with my grain focuser. None to be found. This film has a very unifrm
extremely fine grain structure. Perhaps your large clumps of grain have
nothing to do with film. I would think they are the result of the surface
silver deposited during the bleach process and eventually developed in the
redevelopment phase. After bleaching and washing, but before clearing bath
try wiping your enlarged negative (both sides) with a fine sponge (I just
do it with a clean hand). That should fix your problem.
Liam, thanks for sharing valuable information on your research into this
process.
Marek