Re: More thoughts on reversal

From: Liam Lawless ^lt;liam.lawless@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: 03/25/04-06:37:40 PM Z

Loris,

Marek's hit on something I'd forgotten about. It doesn't happen
straight away, but after a few sheets of film have been through the
bleach it starts to become cloudy and puts down a white precipitate of
silver chloride while film is bleaching. Tiny particles that you're
unlikely to notice at first; they can be wiped from the surface of the
film during the following wash, as Marek says, but clearing and
redevelopment somehow consolidates them and makes them much harder to
remove (and turns them black!) I wouldn't expect the resulting black
specks to look like grain, exactly, but to be distributed across the
film according to how bleach has flowed over it during bleaching, and
the way it has run off when draining. Try fresh bleach if you suspect
this could be the cause of your troubles.

Liam