obscure arcane knowledge

From: John Cremati ^lt;johnjohnc@core.com>
Date: 03/26/04-03:08:55 PM Z

       When my computer crashed I found out the hard way that all of my
back up discs were ruined by writing on them with a sharpie. I know for a
fact that they ruin the surfaces of CD Discs.
      They have special pens for writing on CD's but I do not even trust
them.... Always if possible use a CD Label for protection and write on that.
     Also remember that the common CD's are not Arcival. The Atomosphere
reacts with the coating on the CD over time.. They make special Arcival
CD's.
John Cremati