Re: obscure arcane knowledge

From: Jon Danforth ^lt;jdanforth@sc.rr.com>
Date: 03/26/04-04:23:42 PM Z

My sister heads up the digital library initiative for the University of
Maryland. They maintain a database of the serial numbers on each backup
CD's core. On most of the archival discs, the clear piece of plastic in the
center of the disc has a discrete serial number.

She doesn't use writable DVD's because of the indecision on standards and I
think her archival CD-R's are about $10 a piece!

FYI.

-Jon