Re: obscure arcane knowledge

From: Jon Danforth ^lt;jdanforth@sc.rr.com>
Date: 03/26/04-04:31:29 PM Z

Again, my sister does a lot of digital backing up. Her plan features an
upgrade to new media every few years and a considerable time period of
format overlap. They'll back up to CDs and DVDs once she's comfortable with
a DVD format and media.

Unfortunately, that's about the only method that you can maintain copies.

One of the things _I_ worry about is the long-term support of file formats.
Once TIFF, PSD, and PDD go by the wayside and it's replaced by
God-knows-what, what will we do with all of our carefully archived backups?!

-Jon