Re: obscure arcane knowledge

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 03/26/04-04:40:31 PM Z

From: Thom Mitchell <tjmitch@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: obscure arcane knowledge
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:26:46 -0500

> Actually I do have a 5 1/2 floppy and surprisingly enough it works
> just fine on the rare occasion I need it to. Of course I work with
> computers for a living so maybe I'm not typical.

I don't think I'm typical because I don't know what's typical, but I
have some 45 years old punch cards, which I don't think is archival,
and I can still read them with a lightbulb behind it. Those holes are
surprisingly crisp and clear...

I used to have a boxful of unused ones. They are convenient for
bookmarks, 3x5 card substitute, etc. though inks run on that paper so
pencil or ballpoint pens should be used.

> But then again I also have an 80-90
> year-old 8x10 camera and who uses those anymore.....

Does it come with plate holders? I'll take it if you get rid of it.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie." (Bob Dylan 2000)