Re: Efke PL 100 5x7" and 8x10" not available in Europe ?

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 03/28/04-02:16:39 PM Z

Gregory W. Blank wrote:

> I tested Efke PL 100
>a while back and for what ever reason it produced very poor results
>using three seperate developers. I think the film base was fogged as
>I got a FB+Fog level of around .33 additionally upon exposure I could never
>get clean highlight seperation. The Foma on the other hand produced a
>relatively high base fog also, but did maintain good clean mid tone and
>highlight seperation using the smae three developers.

You got a very bad sample, which may or may not be related to quality
control issues. I tested a new box of Efke PL 100 that I received
from JandC Photo and it was just outstanding, very low B+F and the
best film for wide expansion and contraction development I have every
used. The only caveat was that the EFS was actually closer to 50 than
100.

Sandy