Re: Developing sheet film in open-ended PVC tubes

From: William Laven ^lt;wmlaven@platinotype.com>
Date: 03/31/04-12:36:00 PM Z

Sandy,

IF you want really minimal agitation, why not consider stand
development. You need tanks for the film, but many report it's a
great technique. Oliver Gagliani swore by it. I used to develop 4x5's
in hangers and tanks and people always said they got agitation marks
and I got none. Paul Caponigro showed me a very gentle technique of
lifting the hangers out for very minimal agitation. Worked great. Of
course, all these techniques require more hardware than a simple tube
in a tray.

Bill

Bill