Re: Colloid photosensitivity

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 05/01/04-04:31:52 AM Z

Regarding your question about light sensitivity of a pure gelatin layer, I
gathered gelatin was sensitive to UV radiation around 260nm but still
required a huge amount of energy. Moreover, given the high absorption in
most optical materials, exposures in the far-UV seem very unpractical.
As for gum things might be - again - quite different. The relatively high
absorption of blue-violet light seems to suggest reasonable chances for UV-A
initiated crosslinking.

To come back to gelatin, it may be simpler to add a cationic dye + an
electron donor to the gelatin.
E.g. you could make a mixture of gelatin + methylene blue + triethanolamine
to get a red sensitive layer...

Martin