Re: scanning negs

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 05/01/04-10:58:03 AM Z

On Sat, 1 May 2004, Sandy King wrote:

> I made a film holder for 5X7 negatives that works very well.
>
> First, you will need is a piece of flat plastic of about 0.030"
> thickness. You could also use thin aluminium if you have the
> equipment for cutting it. If you have an instrument that can measure

I've found high-impact polystyrene plastic of choice for things like that
-- to cut it you just score with a razor blade, it breaks easily along the
line. But if you want black for the purpose, that's harder to get. (I've
painted it, but that is less pleasing aesthetically.) I've also taped a
negative along the long sides into a too big enlarger negative holder
(using the tape as extension) which can cost a tiny bit of negative along
the edges, but worked fine.

Judy