Re: scanning negs

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 05/01/04-07:43:40 AM Z

I made a film holder for 5X7 negatives that works very well.

First, you will need is a piece of flat plastic of about 0.030"
thickness. You could also use thin aluminium if you have the
equipment for cutting it. If you have an instrument that can measure
thickness (caliphers) go to the section of your hardware that has
plastic signs and you should find something of the right thickness.

Once you have the material, cut it to same outside shape as any of
the film holders provided with the 4870. Then cut a frame in the
center of the material that is just slightly smaller than the
negative you plan to scan. To use tape down the negative at one end
with masking tape, then put tape on the negative at the other end and
pull to apply tension and straighten it out. With a 76mm wide
negative you may also need to tape down the long dimension to keep it
straight.

Sandy King