Re: fabriano paper

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 05/06/04-04:54:56 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> I'm talking here about unsized paper, not sized paper, because I prefer
> printing unsized, and the one exception I would make is Fabriano Uno --
> unsized, the paper does not perform well. But by that I don't mean that
> it stains, I just mean that it swallows the color and prints a very pale
> and flat print. Attenuated DMax is the way I usually describe it.

And of course it should go without saying, but on second thought I fear
it might not, that here I am speaking purely of my own experience. I am
not setting out a general rule for the whole world that unsized Uno
doesn't print well. I suspect that most people who have used Uno have
sized it and haven't had a problem with it. I do despise this paper
unsized, and hate having to bother with sizing for it, and as I said
before, will be very glad when it's gone.

I am looking forward to trying the new Artistico Extra-White, and hoping
that it will be the paper I've been looking for since I had to abandon
Arches. There are many papers that work quite well unsized, but none
that I love in the same way I loved Arches.
kt