RE: Chemical safety question (am I poisoning myself?)

From: Liam Lawless ^lt;liam.lawless@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: 05/06/04-06:04:24 PM Z

Gold chloride being acid (usually), perhaps the offending substance is
sulphur dioxide liberated from the hypo, possibly in small quantity that
you don't notice as a smell. Adding some sulphite to the solution
*might* prevent/reduce it (it prevents precipitation of sulphur in
acidic hypo solutions), if that would be OK in your application. Don't
have time right now, but look up MSDS for sulphur dioxide to see what
hazards you could be exposing yourself to.

Liam