Re: Duratrans for Poly Plates was: Re: Pictorico Large format Discontinued

From: Craig Zammiello ^lt;zamm@optonline.net>
Date: 05/07/04-12:55:19 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Lybrook" <jon@terabear.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 11:56 AM
Subject: Duratrans for Poly Plates was: Re: Pictorico Large format
Discontinued

> Thanks Craig. I'll give it a try. What's a film recorder?
>
> Jon

Jon,
A film recorder, such as the Durst Rhino LVT recorder ( I believe LVT stands
for light valve technology), uses a light source computer controlled light
source to expose traditional transparency film such as Kodak E6 from a
digital file.
The entire motion picture industry now depends on film recorders to get all
of the special and not so special ( light balance, color balance, etc...)
effects onto films. They have special recorders that run 35mm transparency
film through them like a motion picture camera.
They are very good films, with hardly any digital artifacts visible under
magnification. The only drawback is the size limitation of 8x10.
Here's a link that has some resolution specs for you.
Cheers, Craig Z.
http://www.proulx.ca/resources/downloads/Lvt.pdf