RE: VanDyke Brown

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 05/11/04-05:21:18 PM Z

Jon,

I've used Ilford WT MG IV fiber toned in selenium and I don't think the look
of a VDB is quite comparable.

For a comparison look at this photo printed on Ilford WTMGIV toned in
selenium:

http://www.apgphoto.org/about/portfolio2001/bryant.shtml

and compare it to these VDBs printed by Wynn White:

http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Vandyke/vandyke.html

IMO, the highlights in Ilford paper tend to show the effects of the toner
where as the VDB highlights tend to show the color of the paper base. Of
course the warm tones are a different color also.

My 2 cents,

Don Bryant