Re: VanDyke Brown

From: Jon Danforth ^lt;jdanforth@sc.rr.com>
Date: 05/11/04-09:43:21 PM Z

Don & Judy:

Thanks for the input! Believe it or not, the representation did help me
understand a bit better. I can't imagine how amazing a VDB must look in
person, I can't wait to make one! Believe me, I know all too well the web's
inability to communicate the effectiveness of the printed image. Do you
have any idea how hard it is to show someone on the web what a Daguerreotype
looks like?!? Chris Lovenguth has done the best job yet (IMO) by posting a
video of him fiddling with one as it moves from positive to negative in his
hand. You don't pick up on the near-holography of the thing but damn is it
cool!

I think that based on the examples that I've seen that the VDB print has a
definite edge on my WT+Se mix. The highlights seem to really pop out in the
examples from Unblinking Eye versus the WT+Se where the highlights tend to
shift towards ivory.

-Jon