Re: Arches Aquarelle and Pt/Pd

From: Joe Smigiel ^lt;jsmigiel@kvcc.edu>
Date: 05/12/04-07:31:25 PM Z

>>> wmlaven@platinotype.com 05/12/04 8:11 PM >>>
"(snip)
Which begs a couple questions: Is the difference I'm seeing between
the old and new Aquarelle reflect that the paper had changed a lot
over the years or that they actually formulate the paper differently
for blocks vs. loose sheets?..."

William,

About a dozen years ago I obtained some surplus Aquarelle blocks for
free that printed great for van dykes and also were suberb for Polaroid
emulsion transfers and gum prints. The stuff was marvelous but the case
went quickly and I never had the same results with Aquarelle either as
loose sheets or blocks. I suspect the batch I was given was from some
discontinued old stock and was replaced by some new formulation.

Joe