Re: New Cyanotype

From: Scott ^lt;Scott.Wainer@CapitalLighting.com>
Date: 05/14/04-05:21:05 AM Z

Hi Loris,
> .... Scott, I never had any
> bleeding and/or staining with the classic formula (actually with the
> paper I'm currently using, had staining in one case when I was using
> another paper - I quit that paper immediately). The fact that you didn't
> have a dmax equal to or greater than double coated classic is bad news
> to me; I hope my experience will be different.

I think there is a misunderstanding here, what I was saying is that with the
New Cyanotype there is less of the sensitizer coming off in the wash than
with traditional formulas. Also, with the addition of a few drops of 40%
citric acid added to the sensitizer (just before coating) you will be able
to print New Cyanotype on a greater number of papers. As for the Dmax
question, I do get higher Dmax with New Cyanotype vs. traditional formulas.

Regards, Scott