Re: FW: Negative Cleaning Help

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 05/16/04-02:36:07 AM Z

Lisa Reddig wrote:

> Katharine,

   My only problem is that I printed with it 3 more times

> I've been soaking it for a while now.

Lisa,
In my experiment, the dried stuff loosened and started coming off the
negative immediately. In less than 30 seconds I was able to swoosh it
completely away. If yours has been soaking for quite a while with no
sign of letting go, then I'm afraid Sandy may be right: maybe with all
the extra exposure, the dichromate hardened the gelatin on the film and
welded the gum-pigment pieces to the silver emulsion. That would not be
good.

The film I used was T-Max 100, if that makes any difference.
kt