Re: Tanning theory of dichromated colloids (was gelatin

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 05/18/04-11:37:33 AM Z

"I was thinking of adding monomers to the colloid. I expect this to enhance
both speed and rigidity of the colloid. E.g. it actually might "replace" the
pre-hardening step - hence the handling of formaldehyde and the like."

Sorry, I thought your former "encounter" with glutaraldehyde was related to
gum printing.

"You just put dichromate with gum and go, that's all there is to it."

I see. So you are likely to be dealing with much higher levels of
crosslinking.
For holography dichromated gum, PVA etc. absolutely requires some sort of
pre-hardening.

Martin