Re: Pyrocat-HD postwashing staining phenomena

From: Eric Nelson ^lt;emanmb@yahoo.com>
Date: 05/19/04-12:23:47 AM Z

Some general notes on my experiences with the Jobo
CPP2 and 1500, 3005 and 3010 series drums.

I no longer get even decent results from the 1500 for
35 and 120 B&W. Used to work great but because of
film changes (I guess) the 1500 series does not work
for me. With conventional developers there are surge
marks through the 35mm sprocket holes and "road ruts"
on the 35 and 120. I even tried Jobo's suggestion of
lifting the drum intermittantly during development to
get side to side agitation, a Jobo rep stopped by to
see if I was doing anything crazy and didn't have an
answer. But, with this technique of lifting I do get
good results w/PMK.
Also, according to Jobo and Kodak, it was recommended
to NOT use distilled water for the pre-soak in rotary
processing so I only use filtered water for that.

My results with all developers, PMK, etc, in the 3005
and 3010 tanks is good and have yet to have any
problems there so my only advice is to try the
intermittant lifting during development and not use
distilled water for the pre-soak. You have to assist
the lift during this process of lifting intermittantly
with your right hand while pulling on the lift handle
with your left. This is because the lift WILL break
if you don't. A 3005 or 3010 drum and a liter of
water is too heavy for it. Jobo reps have told me
people get different results in defferent parts of the
country (US) and even because of how the processor is
oriented, so your experience may vary.
I have one of those screen hangers hangers you
mention, and I think it was originally for use with
color paper.
Eric
http://www.eman-photo.com

 --- Manuel Gomes Teixeira <punctumgt@netvisao.pt>