Re: Tanning theory of dichromated colloids (was gelatin

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 05/19/04-05:48:01 AM Z

"I wonder what the difference is. At any rate, this makes me even less
confident that the holography literature is a useful place for me to look
for answers about gum printing."

I cannot judge about the utility of that literature for gum printing but
assume that the
basic principles of light-induced crosslinking remain the same in both
cases. Beside different exposure levels (generally at different wavelengths)
the main difference may be in the particular substrate for the colloid:
making stick a layer of gelatin, PVA, gum etc. on a transparent glass or
plastic substrate can be a challenge.

Martin