Mortensen on ethnic bosoms

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 05/19/04-09:48:39 PM Z

On Mon, 17 May 2004 Ender100@aol.com wrote:

> Speaking of Mortensen, I also want to thank you for the fine William
> Mortensen dissertation on the characterisation of the female breast. I
> had never before run across this discussion in any photographic
> boobography. It gives a whole new meaning to the term "tweaking the
> curve" in mammography. One has to wonder a bit about how he conducted
> his research in the "binding practices" of women's boarding schools.>

I hate to be a spoil sport, but I'd say that Mortensen in fact
invented a lot of his "specifics" about ethnic breast types. For instance
he says thet "the pear-shaped breast" is "idealized in all Asiatic art."
And that it is "high and full and strongly convex on top."

True, I have failed to study this subject personally, but the general
"wisdom" today is that Asian women are slender, small boned and small
breasted. The "Asian" breasts in his "chart" are the most round and
protrusive of all.

J.