RE: Cyanotype

From: wrleigh@att.net
Date: 05/20/04-07:27:15 AM Z

Loris,

The show went well. It was an "open studios" in Newton, MA, where the studios were in homes scattered around the city. The house I was in had around 170 visitors, and I sold 7 prints with another person still considering one. Of the prints, there were 3 cyanotypes (Boats on the Seine, a different lighthouse on Cape Cod, and a shrine in Kamakura, Japan), 2 lith prints, 1 FSA toned print and a silver gelatin infrared print. My favorite didn't sell, I think because it was expensive, but a number of people oogled it. It was an 11x17 cyanotye of the same Boats on the Seine scene.

Overall the response I got was very positive, but a lot of people were more "gallery hopping" than buying, but I think all 90 or so artists who participated sold something over the 2 days. Most people seemed to like the prints or types of prints that I liked the best.

You can see some of my other photos (I haven't had a chance to update the site with new shots or reorganize it) at http://www.LastingImpressions-photo.com/art. I probably also need a better scanner one of these days.

I love the cyanotype you posted with the lighthouse and the cats on the wall.

--
Bill Leigh
wrleigh@att.net