Charleston Artists Guild (was Re: Fine Art 1897 thru 1930)

From: Shawn Curry ^lt;shawn@shawncurry.com>
Date: 05/29/04-09:02:41 PM Z

Jon,

I live in the Charleston area and I'm surprised to hear that artist
guild here won't allow photographers to join. The North Charleston
Arts Festival and Spoleto/Picollo Spoleto festivals both definitely
have photography exhibits. In addition, I did the Art Walk last month
and noticed that several galleries had photographs on display and for
sale. It seems that perhaps everyone but the guild has accepted
photography as an art form in this area.

Should you decide to go ahead with your own guild with blackjack and
hookers, let me know. :)

Shawn