Re: Fine Art 1897 thru 1930

From: Jon Danforth ^lt;jdanforth@sc.rr.com>
Date: 05/24/04-05:36:05 AM Z

Maybe it's because I'm in a backwards, jerkwater, Hooverville of a state but
I was recently told that I would not be allowed to join the Charleston, SC
artist's guild (as a contributing artist) since "photography isn't
considered art." Charleston: home of the Spoletto festival. I was shocked.
I was as shocked as I would be if I overheard somebody today telling an
African American to move to the back of the bus. Even then I'd be shocked
because I'd be on a city bus.

So fine. I'll start my OWN guild... with blackjack.. and hookers. Ah
forget the blackjack. Ya know what? Forget the whole thing.

-Jon