RE: color accuracy in gum bichromate

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 11/01/04-07:09:12 AM Z

Well, I feel the same about it; I personally expect something more
"organic" which says "handmade" in a much stronger way when I looking at
a gum print (I'm not implying this is necessarily "the correct way of
approaching a gum print" of course) But also, for me the only way of
observing Livick's gum prints are through the computer screen - which is
indeed a bad way to evaluate the organic qualities of a print - and I
must admit this sole fact alone makes our judgement quite hadicapped.

BTW, I see nothing less enjoyable in using imagesetter negatives for
alt. processes - unless you want to attract attention to the point that
you take a "purer" approach by solely using in-camera negatives in your
artist's statement. (uh-oh, am I opening a pandora's box or what?)

Regards,
Loris.