Re: Building UV exposure unit (was Re: new to list)

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 11/03/04-08:42:08 PM Z

I disagree with Dave about the need for a
ventilation fan. Even with the ballast mounted
outside of the exposure unit the temperature of
the tubes will build up to close to 100 degrees
with long exposures, and at that temperature
their output will decrease by up to 50% or less
than the output at 70 degrees F. I have verified
this with a light integrator which actually
measures light output. One might be able to get
away without the fan if your exposures are ten
minutes or less but for consistent results with
processes that do not allow much control in
development I would definitely recommend a
ventilation fan.

Sandy