Re: chemical allergies and sense was( drinking in the darkroom)

From: Martin Angerman ^lt;paleophoto@adelphia.net>
Date: 11/03/04-10:20:09 PM Z

As regards the snippet, below: Many of the newer gloves are PVC coated
latex. This decreases the direct exposure. Most are also powder-free. I
use them for loading film holders, shining shoes, changing the kid, etc.
I've found no problems with the newer gloves. The old heavily powdered
gloves did give me a mild reaction, but the new ones are fine, even after 25
years of daily use. Also of note, multiple surgeries can increase the risk
for an allergic reaction, as there is direct contact from the gloves to open
wounds.

My hands are quite large and the nitrile gloves give me hand cramps, due to
the decreased elasticity. I find latex more comfortable. I can wear them
all day. The textured ones make it easier to pick up the gummi bears, also.

If you have a mild reaction, cortisone can help.