Re: chemical allergies and sense was( drinking in the darkroom)

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 11/03/04-11:30:20 PM Z

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Martin Angerman wrote:

> My hands are quite large and the nitrile gloves give me hand cramps, due to
> the decreased elasticity. I find latex more comfortable. I can wear them
> all day. The textured ones make it easier to pick up the gummi bears, also.

Sil Horowitz recommended the nitrile because it was less permeable to
chemicals, he said... but I found all tight gloves of whatever persuasion
very uncomfortable... and a pain to take off & put back on, as needs to be
done (in my practice at least) about every 2 minutes.

Those nice loose polysomething gloves that beauticians use are convenient
for many purposes -- they spring a leak every hour or so, but they're
cheap & really easy on & off. For heavier work I like Playtex latex with
the flock lining -- bought at the supermarket -- also easy on and off,
which in my work flow means they get used. Otherwise every so often I just
grab something with bare hands... ALWAYS a mistake and sometimes disaster.

J.