Re: new to list

From: Jack Brubaker ^lt;jack@jackbrubaker.com>
Date: 11/04/04-09:24:49 AM Z

Susan,

There is a lot of talk about glass having a blocking effect on UVs, but I
find it to be no problem with the huge output of UV from a tube unit. My
printer is face up and I expose through an old glass table top 3/8ths of an
inch thick. Not only is the glass thick but it is scratched on both sides
(found it in the trash where students were moving out, also the source for
much of my wardrobe...). Neither the thickness or scratches seem to effect
exposures or sharpness. I think the scratches further scatter the already
scattered light in the box without making a shadow on the paper. Of course I
am printing mostly gum where tiny irregularities wouldn't show. Remember the
glass people are always trying to well us UV blocking glass. It its an
expensive coating process that is not used on common glass.

Jack