Re: Step Wedge

From: Joe Smigiel ^lt;jsmigiel@kvcc.edu>
Date: 11/10/04-02:51:30 PM Z

>>> dilcher@hiddenworld.net 11/10/04 1:24 PM >>>
>>Is the 31-step wedge, mentioned, on a 4x5 piece of substrate? I was
thinking sandwiching this in front of film, in my film holder, and
exposing in-camera would also serve to help me conduct film tests...

BTW, anyone use this method of generating film curves and finding
film speeds? I'm assuming that I would be exposing an evenly
illuminated
surface at zone X? (snip)<<

This method is described in John P. Schaeffer's "Ansel Adams Guide:
Basic Techniques of Photography- Book 2" pp. 52-61.

I've used it and found it to be very efficient and convenient.

Joe