Re: Step Wedge

From: Martin Angerman ^lt;paleophoto@adelphia.net>
Date: 11/10/04-11:22:10 PM Z

I kind of like a combination. Using a step wedge can give a "quantifiable"
representation of the film characteristics. A well known "real life"
subject can give the "emotional" representation. I recall seeing an example
where someone had a standard test diorama for film testing. I don't do
enough film testing to invest in another piece of clutter in my life, or I
would make one of my own. Eventually, one can read the step wedge, and get
a feel for its relation to real life.

The step wedge doesn't have to represent reality, just reliably predict it.
Kind of like exit poling before a national election :-o

Martin Angerman