RE: Want more glow in Pt/Pd

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 11/11/04-01:49:28 PM Z

Jonathan,

> > Would appreciate your thoughts on the archival considerations of this
> > and any other type of over-coating that might be used to enhance glow
> > and Dmax of Pt./Pd. prints.
>
> If you must use some type of overcoat, Lascaux's Fixativ is made of B-72
> acryloid . B-72 is considered quite archival by knowlegeable sources
> (see the convervation dist list for example).

Google - ing for Lascaux Fixativ turned up a link to Stephen Livick's site
where he has photographs of a coating machine.

http://www.livick.com/method/inkjet/pg2g.htm

Scroll down to the middle of the page. I'm not sure where one would purchase
a MicroFoam roller but the rest of the device seems pretty simple, although
it isn't clear to me how one gets the leading edge of the print to feed
under the roller.

Perhaps this could be the basis of a method to do gelatin sizing.

Don Bryant