Re: Bromide Papers

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 11/12/04-03:19:47 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Blank" <gregoryblank@verizon.net>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 12:56 PM
Subject: Bromide Papers

> Kind of curious how enthused would people on this list be
> if suddenly Bromide
> photo paper became available in the US.
>
> You can email me directly if it is felt to be more
> appropriate.

   I think the last pure bromide emulsion was Agfa Brovira.
I don't know what advantage a pure bromide emulsion has over
a chloro-bromide type. Nearly all paper manufacturers
abandoned papers with a single halide component in them
years ago. According to Kodak Azo is a pure chloride
emulsion but I am uncertain if the customer service people
know what is actually in the emulsion. I think the halide
used is secondary to other characteristics.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com