Putting Together a Book of Proofs

From: Schuyler Grace ^lt;schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: 11/14/04-10:21:20 PM Z

I was thinking it might be interesting to bind together a book of proofs I
don't print anymore into a handmade book--a sort of personal reference and
reminder of where I've been. I've always had a hankering (to use the
technical term) to learn bookbinding, and I think it would be an interesting
project. Besides, the old proofs are mostly just stored in flat files where
no one ever sees them, except when I add a few more or move them around.

Has anyone on the list ever done such a thing (maybe even a limited edition
of alt prints you've put together in book form)? Are there any drawbacks
anyone could envision, other than the prints would be subject to handling?
I envision using archival materials for the binding, and the prints I was
planning to use are currently all Pt/Pd printed on the same size and type of
paper.

Thanks.

-Schuyler Grace