RE: Trick for increasing speed of photo papers?

From: Gordon J. Holtslander ^lt;holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Date: 11/18/04-10:07:40 AM Z

I've been able to get an asa of 10 to 12 with Ryuji's DS10 developer using
Kodak CGP lith film. see http://www.kpgraphics.com/

To get this speed I need to flash the film - expose it to just below the
fog level.

See http://silvergrain.org/Photo-Tech/film-dev-recommend.html for the
developer.

CGP is available in a wide variety of sizes as well as rolls. I think its
possible to get rolls from something like 6 inches wide to 24 inches wide.

Could make some interesting pinhole panormic cameras using this film :)

Gord

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Loris Medici wrote:

> Thanks to all for replies.
>
> I want to make a panoramic pinhole camera and will use photo-paper as
> film - that's why I was asking that question. Photo paper is pretty slow
> (ISO 2 to 10) so I was looking for ways to decrease the exposure times
> (in my setup it's 2 to 25 minutes depending on lighting).
>
> Perhaps I should try with lith film (but it's getting harder and harder
> to find lith film here in Turkey). What people here do know about new
> style so-called Rapid-Access emulsions? There are many variants (argon
> laser, IR, this and that...) which variant may be used for in-camera
> daylight work?
>
> TIA,
> Loris.

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2