Re: Luis González Palma, and mock Ambrotypes

From: Kate Mahoney ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 11/18/04-01:17:58 PM Z

I have been doing the same thing with liquid emulsion over stained glass for
about a year - the hard part was getting the liquid emulsion to stick to the
glass. then I just coated the image with gold leaf size, leafed it and
sealed the leaf with a proprietary leaf glaze. The image is view through the
glass. So far I have tried a couple of ways to display but nothing
satisfactory as far as galleries go - I can't get anyone to take them as
originally mounted, in silk-covered boxes. New Zealand is not a good place
for innovators :(
Links: http://www.katemahoneyphoto.co.nz/glassintro.htm
http://www.katemahoneyphoto.co.nz/sosportal_inst.html