Re: modifying scanner

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 11/18/04-04:09:24 PM Z

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Tom Ferguson wrote:

> I'm doing some checking into this. My current scanner is an older Umax
> Powerlook III. A shocking $1200US at the time I bought it! Very nice scanner,
> does everything I need (including large film) and has a good density range.
> It is SCSI. I'm about to replace the last (old) Mac laptop I have that still
> runs SCSI :-(
>
> I'm trying a SCSI to USB adapter today, but I question if that will work.

Tom, I have several devices on a scuzzi to USB adapter and they do work,
tho my old (it isn't really old, just old for nowadays) UMAX Powerlook
2100 XL is on the only (or one of only) SCSI ports in the G4. However, if
your UMax is older than mine, which it might be -- check that you can get
the new driver for system X before buying the adapter. I think, for
instance, there is none for the XL.

Judy