Insults on the list

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/18/04-11:01:16 AM Z

I'm not a list minder, so perhaps it's not my place to say so, but just
the same I want to say that as a list member, I am offended by this
gratuitous indirect slur of a colleague. It's not necessary, it's not
attractive, it's not informative, it's not anything that's useful to the
group. Perhaps being the target of several personal remarks lately makes
me extra sensitive to this, but I just want to remind us that our forum
is supposed to be free of personal insults, innuendos, and imputation of
nefarious motives to people whose only offense has been to disagree on
issues. Thank you.
Katharine Thayer