enlargement factor... (was Re: modifying scanner)

From: Dalyvoss@aol.com
Date: 11/19/04-08:40:48 AM Z

from Loris...
              "Since you're using pinhole cameras, I don't think that
enlargement
factor is as critical as in non-pinhole work. 4x5 pinhole images can be
pretty sharp (more so after a little bit treatment in image editing
software)."

    I'm not married to the 8x10 negative idea. I was only going that route
because i thought i might need that size neg to get my final image size as
large as i want. But maybe 4x5 negs will work for me?

    If i stick with 4x5 negs, i can either use my pinhole or my view camera.
 Maybe i'm stressing too much about the enlargement issue. I just want to
be sure that, as i'm setting up for this process ( film negative to scanner to
digital negative to copper plate photogravure ), I can get to the maximum
size my press will accept ( 22" wide). That's not to say all my prints will be
that size... especially in the beginning.... but i want to have that option.

susan

Susan Daly Voss
lower upstate NY