Re: enlargement factor... (was Re: modifying scanner)

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 11/20/04-09:17:47 AM Z

If you're doing pinhole photography, consider building a large camera, thus
eliminating the need for enlargement.

My largest pinhole camera is 12x20" format. It's constructed of galvanized
steel (stovepipe material) soldered together. A lightweight wooden frame
inside keeps the steel from flexing. The pinhole is in .003" brass shim
stock, with a swinging brass shutter mounted over it. The film plane is
curved, holding the film at a distance of 7" from the pinhole. Due to the
film curvature and the relatively small film-to-pinhole distance, the camera
produces ultrawide angle images with pronounced barrel distortion.
Exposures are very even due to the curved film plane. It's a fun camera to
use, and with proper exposure/development, produces beautiful negatives on
lith film.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Cactus Cowboy